A system of mind-body exercise that emphasises alignment, breathing, developing a strong core, and improving coordination and balance.
It is practiced with a qualified instructor on a mat or reformer.
Following a few sessions, Pilates exercises can improve flexibility, build core strength and develop control and endurance in the entire body.
Pilates exercises can be modified in range of difficulty from beginner to advanced, or tailored for a specific sport. Pilates is suitable for all age groups and can help children/adolescents develop; enhance core strength for sports and maintain balance and flexibility. Pilates is regularly practiced by dancers and athletes.
One of the hallmarks of Pilates, is that it allows the body to develop strength without excess bulk, creating a lean, toned body and a flat abdomen. Pilates is a great adjunct to our other health services such as Osteopathy, Physiotherapy, Chiropractic and Massage Therapy. It can help the body recover from injuries so that you can get back to your regular activities and sports with much more power, flexibility and endurance than before.
Our Pilates instructors are certified to teach on all Pilates equipment (including the Mat, Reformer, Cadillac, Wunda Chair, and Barrel) and have taken at least 1 year of intensive training.
Our Pilates instructors collaborate with our therapists who also hold advanced training in Pilates.
To see what clinical pilates can do for you, call us at Ace Sports Clinic today at 03 9824 8001 or book online.
What is Pilates
- A form of mind-body exercise that concentrates on strengthening the core muscles, improving posture and alignment, breathing and body awareness
- Pilates is scientifically proven to reduce low back pain and help you move better
- Pilates is practiced with a qualified instructor on a mat or reformer
Pilates can help you with:
- Low back, pelvic and neck pain
- Overuse injuries like tendon (tendinopathy) and joint problems (arthritis)
- Pregnancy and Post-Partum recovery
- Rehabilitation of Sporting Injuries like muscle strains and ligament sprains
- Improving your Performance in all athletic and fitness pursuits
Benefits of Pilates
- Improved posture, core strength and flexibility
- Improved balance, coordination and control of movements
- Reduced pain
- Helps prevent injuries and maximise your sporting performance
- Relaxation and improved well being
What to expect from Pilates at Ace Sports Clinic
- Single Pilates sessions are 1-on-1 with one of our Pilates instructors who will tailor all exercises to your needs
- Single Pilates sessions include an initial assessment to discuss your relevant medical and musculoskeletal history, as well as your goals for joining Pilates
- Small Group classes (6 participants or less) run for 50 minutes and involve personalised instruction about your core muscles and how to optimally activate them to get fit and prevent injury
- It is recommended to sign up for at least one Single Pilates (1-on-1) session prior to joining one of our Group classes, so a thorough assessment can be performed of your body
- Exercises are performed in a flowing, coordinated pattern incorporating breathing techniques
The Ace Sports Clinic Pilates Difference
- Supervised small group classes run by specialists in Pilates providing constant feedback and ensuring that each exercise undertaken is appropriate for your condition and level of fitness
- Personalised assessments where we tailor your exercises to your specific goals
- Collaboration with other experts at Ace Sports Clinic who also hold advanced training in Pilates
How to decide between Single Pilates (1-on-1) sessions or a Group Class
Single Pilates sessions
- Provide a more personalised approach that fits your needs
- Are recommended when you are recovering from an injury
- Are best before or after surgery
Group Pilates classes
- Are great to enhance motivation and compliance
- Can be added when you want to supplement your Single Pilates sessions
- Provide fun with friends and work colleagues
What to bring
- Comfortable Gym/Exercise Clothes
- Towel and Water Bottle
To see what clinical pilates can do for you, call us at Ace Sports Clinic today at 03 9824 8001 or book online
Ace Certified Practitioners
Our professional team of highly qualified health practitioners complete advanced training with us prior to becoming an Ace Certified Practitioner.